Real tennis is taught right from the beginning with the modified Wilson PeeWee tennis. The children then progress to bigger courts continuing to learn in a modified environment with our ANZ Hot Shots Red, Orange and Green ball programs. (Justine Henin and Kim Clijsters are products of these innovative midi-courts).
Student confidence is increased by creating a realistic environment according to the child’s size and playing ability. The lessons have been carefully thought out and designed in accordance with the most up to date international coaching methods to incorporate lots of fun, variety and games which accommodate real tennis (rallying and points) to be played as early as possible.
We prepare players for a lifetime of fun playing tennis at tournament, club or social levels.
Please phone for rates and bookings. 0428 988 873
Helen Rice Tennis Coaching School was established in 1979 and is currently coaching tennis to some 3rd generation family members.
- Helen Rice is a Tennis Australia Club Professional Coach.
- Tennis Australia ANZ Hot Shots Tennis Australia Mentor
- Tennis Australia Fitbit Cardio Tennis Mentor
- One of 3 finalists in the National Newcombe Medal ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Coach of the Year awards in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014.
- Newcombe Medal Winner – Coach Excellence-Club
- Tennis SA Coach of the Year in 2013 and 2016/17
- Chair of the Tennis SA Local Advisory Group (LAG)
- SA Representative of the TA National Advisory Group (NCAG).
- Represented South Australia in interstate teams, toured overseas competing in Europe and England
- Played College tennis in the USA.
- Has had over 37 years experience of coaching here, interstate and overseas
- Hass coached many tournament players, South Australian State squads -including famous tennis greats, Lleyton Hewitt and Alicia Molik.
- Club Coach at Denman Tennis Club, Lower Mitcham, Adelaide. Helen and her staff currently coach at one of Adelaide’s oldest and most successful institutions – Denman Tennis Club, in Lower Mitcham.