1. PAYMENT OF FEES
Fees for the term must be paid by the due date on the invoice. Failure to do this will incur a $10 admin fee.
There is a 2 week cancellation fee for any withdrawal after the term commences.
Helen Rice Tennis School (HRTS) reserves the right to cancel or modify any course if we have insufficient numbers. In the event that we do cancel a course, a full refund will apply, less the cost of any lessons already held.
- Adverse Weather:
Effort will be made to conduct the lesson safely. Helen Rice Tennis School will run the group lessons ‘off-court’ if the weather makes it unsuitable to play (once per term).
- Wet weather:
We advise you to come to the courts at all times unless you hear from us otherwise. Helen Rice Tennis School will conduct all Hot Shots and Yellow Ball group sessions ‘off court’ conducting invaluable video, agility and quiz/scoring sessions if the weather makes it unsuitable to play. This will happen once per term.
(Exception: If raining at the start of the session Red Ball classes at Netherby Tennis Club will be made up at a later date.)
In the case of private and semi-private lessons we advise you to come to the courts UNLESS you hear otherwise directly from your coach or Helen.
- Hot weather:
All lessons ending before or at 11.00am: Are on regardless of forecast.
All lessons ending after 11.00am or commencing after 11.00am (for the duration of that day): will be cancelled if, on the morning of the lesson, the forecast on BOM (Bureau of Meteorology) at 7am is 38 degrees or more.
- Make-up lessons due to weather:
In the event that HRTS does cancel a lesson, due to weather, we may offer a make-up lesson at our discretion either at another time during the term, or in the week immediately following the end of term.
3. MISSED LESSONS
- Private/Semi-Private Lessons: It is possible to send someone else (of any age or standard) of your choice, as this time has been paid for and reserved for you. You may cancel your lesson if you notify us before 5pm in the evening, prior to the day of the lesson. Failure to do so will result in full payment of the lesson fee.
- All Hot Shots and Yellow Ball Group Lessons: We endeavour to provide make-up lessons for missed lessons due to illness or injury only (not for other reasons), at our discretion. We cannot always provide this, as the opportunity for make-up lessons will be dependent on the availability of a position in a group of similar size and standard. In the interest of our players we do not wish to overfill groups or add players of incompatible standards. We will not offer make up lessons retrospectively – we must be notified prior so we may offer the vacant spot to another student if necessary.
4. GENERAL POLICIES
- Players should wear appropriate tennis or sportswear to all coaching sessions including a hat, sunscreen and bring a drink.
- It is your responsibility to notify us of any health issues and injuries.
- Enrolment in any of our courses implies that you have read, understand and accept these terms and conditions.
- Disclaimer: The Helen Rice Tennis School takes no responsibility for any personal injuries, or damage or loss of property by a student during lessons.
- Photographs and video may be taken and used in promotions by Helen Rice Tennis School on social media, marketing material and on our website
5. SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN POLICY
The Helen Rice Tennis School has a zero tolerance approach to any form of child-abuse and is committed to ensuring the sport of tennis is a safe and friendly environment for children and young people. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, and to providing a safe environment for children and adults who participate in tennis activities at any HRTS venue. We are committed to using best practice standards in recruitment, screening and employment of all Helen Rice Tennis coaches. We strive to create an environment in which children are safe and feel safe.
6. SUPERVISION OF JUNIORS POLICY
Helen Rice Tennis School coaches are not responsible for supervising children outside of lesson time.